5 Easy-to-Forget Things to Do
When you have a buyer coming to view your property, you want to make the best impression possible. So, you do the usual things. You clean, tidy and declutter. However, some details are easy to forget.
- Is there a mat by the front door for shoes, umbrellas, etc.?
- Did you air out the home as much as possible to get rid of any lingering odours from a pet, recent cooking, etc.?
- Did you empty trash bins?
- Is the buyer (or his or her agent) aware of any doors that may have special locking mechanisms? If not, leave a note with instructions. For example, “To open the patio door, pull up the deadbolt lock at the bottom.”
- Are there any kids’ toys on the floor that might accidently get damaged or be a tripping hazard?
The better your home shows to buyers, the more likely you are to get an offer.
If you're looking for more helpful tips on how to get your home sold, give me a call!